Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Tuesday's Teachings

I'm so incredibly wiped out right now. I should be in bed and yet I really wanted to post something today for Tuesday's Teachings. I have now been into my study on Joy for a week now and I've got to tell you - I've been learning some pretty profound things. But I don't have the energy tonight to put it all down on "paper" (or should I say screen) for you. So I will just leave you with this one thing that I learned this evening.
I had a very good friend call me to let me know that her grandmother was in the hospital and not doing well at all. The doctors have said they need to call all the family to come. As I stood on the other end of the line while my friend was trying to tell me this through her tears, I thought - What do I say? I feel as though I've been through my fair share of tragedies. I've grieved over lost loved ones and felt the sheer fear of not knowing what a doctor's prognosis might hold. I've been the person on the other end of the line reaching out for any speck of hope and longing for words that will comfort and heal and yet knowing - nothing that anyone says can really make it any better. This evening it was abundantly clear that TRUE PEACE, TRUE COMFORT, TRUE JOY comes ONLY from our Creator - the One who knows the plans He has for us - all of us.
The only thing that was left for me to do for my friend and her family was to pray diligently for His peace and His comfort to be with her during this time and that His perfect will be done in this situation.

No comments: