As always, I have many things to be thankful for and like I said last week I'm trying to slowly jump out of my "predictable box". Let's see what has touched my heart this week and please take time today to think on things that have made your heart thankful as well. I would love for you to share them with me! My thankful verse for this week is II Corinthians 2:14, But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of him.
- Technology and all that it affords - I've said it before and I'm sure that I'll say it again but I am so thankful for the opportunity to keep in contact with people through "blogland". The other day as I was visiting a couple different blogs I started clicking on the NEXT BLOG link that is in the bar that runs across the top of your blog at blogspot.com. I couldn't even tell you how many blogs I went through before finding one that was actually written in English. As I scanned the blog I was amazed to realize that this blog was from a newly married couple who were serving as missionaries in Haiti. Over and over again they talked about their desire to show the people they were working with the love of the Lord and what a difference He can make in their lives. It seemed to fit perfectly with my 'thankful verse' for this week. I've also added a cluster map to my blog page and it amazes me the different states and countries and continents that have access to my blog.
- Moving boxes - This is a bit of a stretch for me but I'm really trying to be thankful for the moving boxes that are crammed into every nook and cranny in my house and blocking walkways to and from rooms. It's definitely been an eye opener that we have so much more than we need and, even at times, than we want.
- Independent children - We have had some sickness this week at the house and it is very nice to have children that are old enough to leave unattended while I take a nap or spend a couple of hours outside helping to build our back deck. (Not that I'm opposed to having dependent children - just saying I'm thankful in this moment for kiddo's who can fend for themselves for awhile.)
- Birthdays - and the chance they give to celebrate those special people in our lives!
- Photographs - I love taking pictures and then spending hour upon hour looking back over them. This past weekend my sisters and mom and I spent time going thru our NYC/DC pictures and deciding which ones we wanted printed to put into books (since printing 2000 pics isn't very cost effective). I've also started getting some of my older photos from before digital out of the diaper boxes they've been inhabiting and into photo-safe boxes. The fact that they are in diaper boxes will give you a clue as to how old these pictures are. It's so much fun looking back. I've even decided that at some point I'm going to post pictures of us with each of our blogging "buddies". Since I've known some of you for quite some time - these pictures could definitely lead to some serious laughter!