Thursday Thanks Tank
1. Our "broken" computer - Most of you who know me well know that our computer crashed almost 9 months ago. That hasn't been much of a problem as we were able to use my parents computer whenever we wanted since we were living there with them. Now that we have been officially "moved in", for just one day short of 3 weeks, we are having to rely on our "broken" computer. But I am so thankful that in it's brokenness it still on occasion works well enough that I can check my email, all the blogs I frequent and the girls even have a chance once in awhile to get on http://www.webkinz.com/.
2. Spring Break - Spring Break couldn't have come at a better time for our family. After about 6 months of some very intense remodeling where the girls were often shelled out to one babysitter or another, we have finally been able to truly enjoy some great "family time". We've watched movies together as a family. I have been able to take the girls to do some very fun things. To date (in the past three days) we have ate out at Azteca, Olive Garden, and KFC. We have gotten ice cream from Cold Stone. Watched Alvin and the Chipmunks at the cheap theater in Federal Way. Had sleepovers with Auntie Janeen and Brook and swapped houses with cousins Katie and Maddie. Went putt-putt golfing and ice skating. We have a day of scrapbooking planned for tomorrow with family with a slumber party afterwards to celebrate Sammy's very belated b-day. And a visit to Franks Donuts (the BEST DONUTS IN THE WORLD) for breakfast Saturday morning and then dinner at the Rainforest Cafe' that night. And to cap off our wonderful week (or start off our next week right) we will be going to church together as a family on Sunday. I don't think we could fit more in and I'm so thankful that we have had such a blast. I would love to share pictures as I have been trying to document each momentous occasion but with the "broken computer" I don't dare stick my SD card into that slot. I can imagine in it's "brokenness" it might just decide to wipe the card clean.
3. Texting - To those of you who get texts from me regularly, thank you for letting that be a form of communication between us. I remember when I used to spend hours upon hours of time on the phone when I was younger. Apparently you can actually wear out your "phone abilities" because I no longer have the desire or inclination to spend any amount of time on the phone. But I love being able to quickly send out a text to someone; whether it's to tell them something funny that has just happened, to let them know I'm thinking about them, or to ask them to pick up milk (and a Starbucks) on the way home from work. Texting is my friend and it helps me stay "connected" in my own bizarro way!
4. Husbands that support their wives - I am so thankful for the chance I have to stay home with my girls. That is only possible because my husband believes that it is important for our family. Not only does he go to work Monday - Friday and work long hours away from home so that I can stay home but all that work he does allows me to go do fun things with the girls that he can't do with us. His unselfishness and giving are incredible to me. So thank you, baby, for all you do for your family. YOU AMAZE ME!
5. Chances to pray and then see God's helping hand - Over the past couple of days/weeks, we've had a number of chances to pray for some specific things together as a family (not just immediate but extended as well). I'm so thankful that my girls, especially, have been able to see some immediate responses to our prayers. I'm thankful for the growth that these situations are producing in their faith and in mine!
6. Out of town guests and closer-than-close friends - I am so very thankful for the time we were able to spend with our friends the Owens this past week. We have been blessed a number of times in the past 11 1/2 years to have very close friends that God has placed in our lives. People who we just connect with, mainly through our shared love of the Lord. I'm thankful for a continued friendship with them even though distance separates us. (BTW - Jeff you should really buy JA the EnV phone for Mother's Day. She would love it and I would love it cause then she could quit cheating at her texting! =})
Though this post isn't as "colorful" as my last thanks posts, I'm so excited to be able to post some of the things that have made me so thankful this week. I hope that you are able to look back on each day and see ways that God has richly blessed your life, whether they are "big" or "small". Thanks for taking the time to read what I've written! Blessings to you and yours!