Thursday Thanks Tank
Once again, here are just a few of the things that I am thankful for this week. Sometimes I feel like the list is just a repeat over and over again of the same things. So I am going to try thinking outside of the box starting with this post. Now I won't jump out of the box completely today but maybe eventually you might find me there.
1. Typing - I am so thankful for the typing classes I took in high school and for my ability to type. I think that if I was a "pecker" at the keyboards I would give up on this whole blogging thing and emailing thing, which would mean I'd miss out on keeping in contact with so many people. So a big huge thanks goes out to my two typing teachers - Mr. Santi and Mr. Pagett, for making me the mad typer that I am today!
2. Soccer - I am thankful for both the BEGINNING and the ENDING of soccer season. Since this was the first time either of the girls have played any sort of sport it has been a complete learning process for us. I think that the girls have enjoyed it for the most part; Sammy probably more than Anah. I also think that more soccer is definitely in our future. But as we are gearing down on our last week of soccer, I can't help but feeling big relief that at least for a little while we won't have any practices or games to be rushing off to 2 - 3 times a week.
3. Opinions - So often as I am talking with my girls about inconsequential things, I find myself ignoring or not even paying attention to some of their opinions. I guess I've gotten this "I'm the Mom" complex going on and so I've really started trying to pay better attention to what they are saying and what they are trying to tell me. I'm thankful that God has made each one of us uniquely and given us different thoughts and opinions. I'm also thankful for the people in my life, especially when I was young, who took the time to listen to MY opinions and didn't crush all my little girl dreams. I'm also thankful that my girls have been forgiving when I haven't responded the way I should and that I'm getting a second chance to support them and their dreams while they are still little.
4. Understanding - I'm thankful for the understanding of friends. One of my closest friends, who was my maid of honor, called me this week to see if we would be available for company this next week. Since we really would love to see their family I told her sure, knowing that it really wasn't the most opportune of times. She called me back a couple days later and said that she just really got the feeling that it wasn't what was best for us at the time and we could post-pone. I'm so thankful that she was open to postponing and that I could be honest with her without hurting her feelings. Her response was very encouraging and loving, she said we've been friends for a long time and went through many things together. We should be able to tell each other if something isn't going to work out and know the other person won't hold that against us. It was wonderful having a number of conversations with her this week and getting caught up on each other's lives.
5. Lazy days - I'm thankful for a number of the lazy days that I myself have enjoyed since moving into our home plus the couple of lazy days that we've spent together as a family. Now laziness is definitely a big problem of mine and I've really tried to keep up on my household "chores" since that is my "job". I'm thankful that my husband is so understanding on those days when he comes home and it's obvious that I've not done much. He is definitely a K.I.S.A!
6. Tax Day - I'm thankful that tax day has come and gone. I'm thankful for some very great advice from "the brother i never had" that let me go ahead and get my taxes done without having to purchase a second Turbo Tax when I couldn't find the first one I had bought. I'm thankful for my parents letting me come out on the 15th and borrow their computer when mine didn't want to co-operate with me. I'm thankful that we don't owe any money. I'm thankful that at least for the next ten months I don't have to worry about "TAX DAY"!
7. Back porch dreams - I'm thankful that I can see progress on our back porch and that the dream of a back porch is very soon going to become a reality!
8. Sanity - Sanity is highly overrated but I'm still doing all that I can to maintain at least some of mine! =) Luckily, in this absolutely crazy week of ours, I can confidently say that mine is still intact. I think?!?
My verse of thankfulness for this week is Colossians 2:6&7: So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
Blessings to you all!