- Get plenty of good sleep the night before testing. This meant Anah sleeping in another room so that Sam would be able to fall right to sleep w/o someone talking with her.
- Make sure that the clothes you are wearing the day of testing are comfortable. Not too tight, not too loose. They don't want you thinking about stuff that could be bothering you. Apparently at age 9 this could include your clothing. I never realized!
- Eat a healthy/nutritious breakfast. They don't want you coming into school hungry and then only being able to concentrate on that. As I was about to tell her she should eat a bowl of Raisin Bran for breakfast I thought twice. They probably don't want them having to rush to the bathroom with the runs either. So we will forgo the Raisin Bran for Ohs! Hopefully they won't make her need to use the restroom!
- Be on time! Okay so we all know that isn't my strong suit! We set the alarm for 6:45 am. That will give you plenty of time to take a shower, get ready and make it to the bus stop so that there is NO WAY you can be late for school!
- Relax! - Relax. Relax? Are you kidding, I'm wound tighter than ...? Well, whatever is wound really, really tight! I'm ready for a good stiff drink and then a couple extra hours of sleep!
So besides for the aforementioned goings-on, this week starts off our last week of soccer. And soccer season is going out with a bang at our house. We had a game this past Saturday (which much to my delight afforded me my first bit of "color"). Sam has a game tonight, Anah has practice tomorrow, Anah has a game Wednesday night, Sam has a game Thursday night, Sam has her soccer "banquet" Friday night and Anah has her last game Saturday. Plus we have overnight guests from Friday to Saturday! This week is going to be a BLAST!!!
So check back in towards the end of the week to see if I've managed to maintain a hold of at least SOME of my sanity!
mAd MoNdAY here I come . . . . . . . .