It seems crazy that it's been a week since I last posted and since our refrigerator disaster, or as my sister calls it, "The McCoy's Big June Thaw". This last week has been so crazy busy and we've managed to cram quite a bit of activity into it that I feel like weeks have passed. I had a friend ask me last night if I was planning on changing the name of my blog to Kimberly's Thanks Tank since that's all I post anymore. My answer to that was - NO! I plan on getting back to my regular "posting activities". I'm just not sure when that will be exactly! So here's all the things that I am so incredibly thankful for this week.
- getting to go to a Pampered Chef party last night with my good friend Heather. while there I won one of the raffle prizes! you just can't beat paying $5 for 6 raffle tickets and winning stoneware - a rectangular lid/bowl! i also won a cookbook as well! yeah, me!
- having our new refrigerator delivered on Friday afternoon. apparently when the freezer portion of your refrigerator goes the fridge portion follows suit fairly quickly. by the time the delivery people got here the fridge wasn't cold at all!
- the delivery people who were very helpful in getting the new fridge in and the old fridge out and helping to get our perishables back in the new fridge as quickly as possible.
- all the fun activities that my cousin and i were able to do with the kids. we went to meeker days in puyallup (my first time), the woodland park zoo, bahama breeze & the park. we also spent a lot of time hanging out on our back porch while the kids played on the trampoline and ran thru the sprinklers. we bbq'd and roasted marshmallows and made smores around the fire pit. we bought pizza from papa murphy's and then brought it home and cooked it ourselves which to a southern callie gal is unheard of. i mean you buy your pizza ready to eat as in cooked! we went and saw a movie in the theater besides all the movies we watched here at home! we ate tons of ice cream! basically we had a blast!
- that tomorrow afternoon i will be heading back up to the airport to pick-up my sister-in-law, brother-in-law and niece. we are so excited for this next week spending time together as a family and just "hanein' out"!
- for my friends that i miss SO much. missing them makes me that much more thankful for their friendships and makes me realize how blessed i am by them!
- for my family and the somewhat boring life we lead - I LOVE IT!
- that summer seams to finally be showing up and we should be hitting the 90's by this weekend - i'm hoping i'll still be thankful when i'm trying to keep the house cool!
My verse for this week is Hebrews 13:5; Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."