Today has been an extremely busy day for me, and not just because I'm a procrastinator and didn't get all the house work done that I needed to before the arrival of my out of town guests. No this morning I awoke to dog poop on the laundry room floor and a freezer that was no longer freezing! My day was doomed right off the bat! But on and off throughout the day I was thinking of what I would write on my thankful Thursday list and here are some of the things that came to mind:
- I'm thankful for my company that arrived here safely from Southern California. It's wonderful being able to spend time with family who lives far away. And it's also wonderful that in our incredibly hectic "adult" lives we care enough about each other to take time to visit.
- I'm SO thankful for my little sister who changed her plans, loaded up her 3 yr old and 10 month old and went to the airport for me to pick up our cousin and her boys. And then went out to eat at the Olive Garden which isn't one of her favorite restaurants. I don't know what I would do without my sisters.
- I'm also thankful for my other little sister who was willing to come early on Father's Day to help me prepare the meal I had told everyone I would be in charge of. Her salmon was DELICIOUS!!!
- I'm thankful that even though our freezer stopped working and we lost a lot of our frozen food (mainly ice cream which is very, very sad) our fridge portion seems to be working just fine.
- I'm thankful for my friend who told me to load my frozen food up and bring it to her house where I could store it in their extra freezer.
- I'm thankful for the baby kittens we were finally able to get for our girls. They love them so much!
- I'm thankful that we had the funds necessary to purchase a new refrigerator.
- I'm thankful that after days like today my husband and I can sit back and laugh and know that God is an awesome God who has once again provided. How blessed we are indeed!