I'm feeling extremely thankful and blessed this evening which really is a switch from my mood earlier today. Earlier I felt stressed out and a bit angry and was very, very snippy. I'm so thankful that in my ugly humanness Jesus Christ still loves me unconditionally. That in and of itself should completely fill and overflow my "tank" with thankfulness. But because God is SO GOOD - He adds frosting (or whip cream - whatever you prefer)! Here are some of the things that Jesus "frosted" my day and week with!This is the snake that our neighbor brought over for the girls to "play with". Anah reached in her hand and pulled the little sucker out and then proceeded to let the bugger slither all over her arms and hands. And when Daddy said I need to get a picture for your mom she put the thing RIGHT UP TO HER FACE!!!!!! Who needs boys when you've got girls like these!!!
- I'm thankful that I was able to get into town today and get everything I needed to get done on my list done and get home in plenty of time before the girls got home from school.
- I'm thankful for a chance to show the girls' teachers a bit of appreciation for all that they meant to my girls over this past year. I'm thankful for the patience that they have to be able to teach 2nd graders and 3rd graders because I know that I could never do that.
- I'm thankful for the warmth of the sun today. It's been way to long since we've felt its awesome rays! Definitely a huge mood booster!
- I'm thankful that my husband enjoys landscaping and yard work as much as he does. I'm thankful that he doesn't require any help or assistance from me because frankly this is something that I do not enjoy. I'm very thankful for how wonderful our yard is beginning to look.
- I'm thankful for the opportunity we have to have people over and relax and spend time getting caught-up!
- I'm thankful that the puppy we are puppy-sitting has let us sleep through the night w/o waking us!
- I'm thankful for the bunco group I'm in and what wonderful friendships I've made over the past 9 years! It's hard to believe that is how long I've been a part of The Bunco Babes!
- I'm thankful for the chance to hold and love on a little baby this evening. Children are miraculous gifts from the Lord!
- I'm thankful for my two precious gifts. This evening I've been able to comfort them and hold them and give them some attention that they don't normally get from me at this time of night. Normally if they get up I want them to go right back to sleep because all I can think about is how hard it will be for me to wake them up in the morning. It was really nice to hold my youngest in my lap for awhile and let her tell me about her evening with Daddy. It was great climbing into bed next to my oldest and listening to her tell me the exact same story 30 minutes later. On to their story . . . .
- I'm thankful that Keith and I have not passed along some of our "big" fears to our girls. Or so it would seem . . . . . . .
My verse for the week is this: II Timothy 1:7, "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline".