I have so much to be thankful for and yet yesterday was in a bit of a funk and was having a hard time feeling thankful. So I decided to turn to His word for remembrances of why I should be thankful. I found this verse and it spoke to my heart.
Psalm 28:7 -- The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.
1. God' s word. How blessed am I to be able to take comfort in the inspired word of God. No matter my mood, whether I'm frustrated, fearful or questioning; all I need to do is turn to His word and I can find rest for my soul.
2. Unexpected surprises. I know right now y'all are thinking - that's a double negative and aren't most surprises unexpected. But actually lots of surprises are expected. Usually all your gifts at Christmas and on birthdays are a surprise but it's not a surprise that you are getting a gift. So I'm talking about a completely unexpected gift, one that I was not aware I would be getting. And what an incredible gift this one is!!!
3. God's provision. I'm so thankful that as little (and big) problems seem to pop up, God provides what we need to have the problem fixed.
4. The salesman at ifloor. So we purchased our laminate flooring from ifloor about 9 months ago but just got around to installing (or trying to install) it last weekend. After spending about 4 hours trying to get just three rows laid in the smallest room, we gave up - sure that there was a major flaw in the design of the flooring. But as with most things were not confidant that ifloor would agree with our theory. So my dad took some of the material in and the salesman who used to be an installer spent quite a bit of time trying to get the pieces to click and lock together. Thankfully, he came to the same conclusion as we did that there was definitely a design flaw. We are now in the process of trying to get our money refunded so that we can get something different and easier to install.
5. The light at the end of the tunnel. Even though we've recently experienced some major set backs, I'm so thankful I can still see the light at the end of the tunnel as far as our remodel project is concerned. I'm so excited to be in our own home and having my family "back".