Thursday, September 18, 2008

A Treasure

Today wasn't the greatest of days. It wasn't bad necessarily but it wasn't all that great either. I wasn't feeling very well and I didn't end up getting many of the things done today that I was hoping to. But as I was folding and hanging up some laundry a thought occurred to me that made me stop and pause.
How blessed I am to have two beautiful, wonderful children.
Laundry is one of those household chores that I dread. But tonight I just kept looking at their little shirts and pants and shorts and thinking they are growing so fast. It seems like yesterday when I was folding those pajama's and putting them in Samantha's pile. Now they are going in Savanah's. Tonight those clean clothes coming out of the dryer were so precious to me. They were a reminder of a treasure that I have. Two little girls that are growing so quickly. But who are still small enough to pick up and hold and to rock in my arms when somethings not right in their little world. And yet their worlds are getting bigger and bigger by the day. They impress me daily with how intelligent and responsible they are becoming. I look at them and am constantly amazed. And oh how they make us laugh! We are blessed!
I am blessed with two treasures and I'm so thankful for that reminder this evening in the little shirts hanging in the laundry room!

3 comments:

SDH Photography is now Hot Shoe Foto said...

The girls are getting so big! They are so beautiful! I wish I was there so that I could take pictures of them. One of my favorite photo's of all times is of the girls at Janeens wedding when you all are in the prayer circle and Sam is Shhhhhing Anna. It's so cute. It always gets commented on! People love it! Take Care!

Jane Anne said...

What a wonderful way to focus your thoughts while doing laundry!! This is a beautiful post. Thank you for reminding me to be thankful for my kids. Sometimes I am guilty of a passive thankfulness when it comes to my kids. I welcome the reminder to really appreciate them as blessings in my life. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing post. Thank you so much for sharing with us. I know that i get so caught up in the Mommy dutys that I forget to be thankful that I get to do Mommy duty. Thank you for reminding me to slow down.
Heather