Thursday, March 6, 2008

Thursday Thanks #6


I feel as though I have so much to be grateful for and so little time to share my thanks but I'll hurry fast and do my best.
  1. Movin' on up - We have started moving boxes and smaller items into our house and I'm so incredibly excited. We even have our guest bed up and ready for our first overnight guests. We also are getting curtains up as well. I even unpacked my silverware, that I haven't seen for 2 whole years, yesterday. Ya'all have no idea how much I LOVE my silverware!
  2. HELP - Our friends and family have been so giving of their time to help with so many different things. Watching of our kids, cleaning of our house, loading and unloading of boxes, unpacking of boxes, decor advice, etc. . . Thank you so much to each and every one for their unselfish giving. WE SO APPRECIATE IT!!!
  3. Starry skies - Last night I ran outside to grab something from my car and I looked up at the night sky and it was ablaze with the most gorgeous and brilliant stars. I stopped and stared for a brief moment.
  4. Sunny days and big puffy white clouds - I suppose the clear, starry nights kind of just lead us into beautifully sunny days without a hint of rain. The big puffy white clouds are just a bonus. Days like these are perfect for moving in!
  5. My car - My husbands a hater but I'm a lover and I do really, really love my car! Even though at times it might feel a bit on the small side, I'm very thankful for it. It's paid for (completely - wink, Neen, wink) and it gets great gas mileage and it's a stick and it's comfortable for me.
  6. Outdoor sports - I'm thrilled to finally be in that elite and elusive club called - 'Soccer Mom'. Since we were so close to completing our remodel we were finally able to let the girls participate in a school activity. They are both signed up for soccer and have started practice this week.
  7. My K.I.S.A - "When I'll be 87, you'll be 89. I'll still look at you like the stars that shine, in the sky. Oh my, my, my!!!" (?????)

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are the question marks at the end because you are un-sure of what you wrote? hmmmm?
NBL

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, your car needs a name!

JTJones said...

I like the name Janeen's Car! How about you guys????? Oh and is the guest room in the Mobile Mansion gonna be called Janeen's Room? I like that name alot too ;o)

Anonymous said...

.)

Kimberly said...

No, I want you to tell me what song those lyrics come from and who sings them.
What's NBL?

Kimberly said...

I still call it Janeen's car and today while Christy was helping me unpack boxes she called the spare room Janeen's room a couple of times. I'm sure because our last spare room was Janeen's room.
If we call it your room will you frequent it more?

Jane Anne said...

You are naming the room?! Maybe you should just use Janeen's initial: J's room. That will work for me.
I am excited for the girls that they are playing soccer. It is the best sport!

Kimberly said...

We could go so far as to call it Auntie J's room because you've officially become Auntie Jane Anne and Uncle Seth to my girls!

Anonymous said...

I could not come up with a "Swift" answer for the song, so sorry!

Anonymous said...

NBL, Nothin but love!

Chelsea said...

I always tell Brandon that I will never be as old as he is. He is almost exactly a year older. On the flip side...I got to watch him suffer through his 30th birthday and yes I laughed the whole way. Now I realize that he will have revenge on me shortly. Oh how I wish I could turn back the time.
By the way...what kind of car.

Anonymous said...

It's a Night Rider 3000!
Oh wait no, that's what she wanted though....it's a gold (oooooo, ahhhhhh) Honda Accord. I don't even know what year, maybe like 01?

Chelsea said...

Ask Brandon....that is the happening car....it is the car that is stollen the most in Tacoma (atleast 2-3 times a week)

Kimberly said...

Chelsea, how do you think we got mine????

;)

Kimberly said...

Babe, you impress me! And the car is actually an '00.

Anonymous said...

Why do you mock me so?

Eliott said...

Hi Kimberly-
Sorry, I know you don't know me, I just had this freak thing happen tonight, though- the song "Music Machine...whir whir chicka chicka bom bom, etc" go through my head, when I haven't heard it in 20 years. So I google searched it, and found a comment you left on someone else's blog.
So, um, I don't know why that's significant, but at least it proves I wasn't the only kid listening to that. I wish I could remember some of the other songs! It would take me way back!

JTJones said...

Elliot-
We LOVE the Music Machine! Songs like Gentle Breeze and Have Patience Have Patience are what we grew up on. That and Salty the singing songbook.