Thursday, October 25, 2007

I simply remember my favorite . . .

Okay, so I'm going to try and do a "list" of some of the things that I love. These are in no specific order and are completely random thoughts. We will see if I can do this without trying to write an explanation on every single thing. Hopefully, this will be a sort of getting to know you kinda post. Please feel free to leave comments on your favorite things as well!!!

1. My knew CD that was given to me for my birthday - Coco by Colbie Caillat. You should definitely check this one out!
2. Driving fast - I would love to be in a long distance race like in the old Herbie the Love Bug movies from Disney.
3. Chocolate - anything
4. Coffee - iced or hot, anytime of day - caffeinated. I prefer Starbucks espresso but can't stand their coffee, weird huh?
5. Being a stay-at-home Mom. I can't imagine there being anything more desirable.
6. Snow - the more the better. I'm not afraid to drive in it but other peoples tendencies to be a bit stupid in the snow keep me home for the most part when it's snowing. While living in Montana it snowed on Halloween and from then on we had snow until after Easter!!!
7. My favorite time of year is Christmas. I love the extra time spent with family doing "holiday" things like playing games, watching Christmas movies, making candy and baking. Even the occasional craft night is thoroughly enjoyed during Christmas time.
8. Reading. When I was a kid my parents used to punish me by taking away my books. Sheer torture, I tell ya!!! I have been devouring the Christian fiction from our local library lately. Mystery with a bit of romance is the best! My favorite book of all time is The Hawk and the Jewel by Lori Wick, the first in her Kensington Chronicles series.
9. Music - in a wide variety of genre's. For the most part I like it if it can be sung to/with. (I'm thinking of titling my posts from now on, names of songs or lines from songs. Think it can be done?)
10. Singing. You might say that this is the same as #9 but I feel it's completely separate. Many people like music but don't enjoy singing. Not me and not my family. We sing, we sing everything. You say something, we respond with a song. I wish that I was a better singer but I enjoy it enough that it doesn't bother me, I guess.
11. Harmony. Yes this does go along with #10 but it is so important that I feel it deserves a spot on the list all by itself. I love hearing it and I love singing in harmony with others. Singing with my mom, dad, sisters, daughters, sisters-in-law, brother-in-law and friends from Ecola is amazing!
12. My husbands fajitas! One of the few meals he cooks but when he does - watch out, you're in for a treat!
13. Scrapbooking - The best gift I was ever given was everything I needed to get started in scrapbooking. It was a gift from my husband and was a complete surprise. Also, my dad got me a scrapbooking table that is right up there with my scrapbooking supplies because my dad never gets gifts for people, that's kinda my moms job. He used to get us girls chap stick every year for Christmas but stopped because we teased him so much about it. Now we really miss getting a new brand/flavor every year.
14. My favorite "religious" holiday is Easter. I LOVE the message of Palm Sunday and cry every year when I'm reminded of the ultimate gift and sacrifice my Savior made for ALL who would believe, but would have given solely for me! What an awesome God we serve!
15. Babies - love 'em! Screaming, crying, smiley, giggly, poopy or freshly changed. You need a baby held, I'm your gal. At one point in my life, I wanted to have eight kids!!!
16. Disneyland - it is absolutely the Happiest Place on Earth!!!!
17. Churros from Disneyland. While there on our honeymoon, Keith and I went crazy over the churro's. We would walk past a vendor and purchase a couple and then keep walking thru the park. If we came across another churro vendor we would buy a couple more even if our first ones weren't gone!!! I've yet to find a churro that compares.
18. Flip-flops or as my mom would call them - thongs!! Hee, hee!
19. Pedicures - I had my first pedicure in June of 2002 for my baby sister's wedding. I can count on both hands the times I've had a pedicure since then but it is unquestionably one of the most decadent things you can pay to have done to yourself (that's legal!). But you have to go with a friend, that makes all the difference in the world!
20. Receiving emails from friends and family.

Okay, well this doesn't even come close to covering ALL OF MY FAVORITE THINGS, but it's a good start!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

#10 you really need to watch Hudson Hawk they sing everything.

Anonymous said...

This is cool. #1 I love the one song of hers that is played on the radio. It is bubbly and happy. #17 the churros bring back my time at Disneyland also. Mom and Dad would get them for us for breakfat, on the way to the rides. #18 The are called Slippers in Hawaii.If you called them flip flop they had no clue what you were talking about.
Thanks for sharing some of your favorite thing with us.

MichMacsMusings said...

#12...yikes...get a room :-)

MichMacsMusings said...

rain drops on roses and wiskers on kittens...i think one of my favorite things is family...i love that keith introduced us to blogging so that we can all stay connected and the boys can have so much fun together...

love ya kimmie

Anonymous said...

#2 At least you admit it. ;) I have to say one of the first times I rode with you at Ecola...You scared me!;) #4 Yeah, Starbuck's is o.k., I have a new favorite though. Dutch Bro.'s is the greatest! Iced or hot milky way please! #8 I am a serious book lover. Christian fiction, History, biographies, and even some classic poetry. My favorite christion author is Dee Henderson. I love the O'Malley series and The Witness. #11 Harmony...brings back soooo many memories. :) #12 I'm impressed and when we come up to see your new house once it's finished I'm putting in a request! Love ya

Anonymous said...

I don't take orders from the likes of you! Bring Chad, he can talk me into it.}

Kimberly said...

Kristi, I scared you? You drive with your left foot!!! We don't have Dutch Bro's up here but I will pass on that info to Jane Anne. They have one in Lebanon. Did you like reading while we were at Ecola? I don't remember that. I love Dee Henderson as well. Have you read any Terry Blackstock (??? I'm drawing a blank if that is really her name?!?), but she has a couple different series that are WONDERFUL! The 911 and Cape Refuge series are great! Singing with you at Ecola is a memory I will cherish forever!

Anonymous said...

Hey! I can't believe you went there! ;) I am still laughing about that! Hmmm, I think I was too distracted at Ecola to read much. I used to read more in jr high/highschool age. I think I have grown to love books even more as the years go by. I never knew I liked to read history stories until the last few years. I even joined the History book club but just to get the intial free books. ok I'm a geek!

Anonymous said...

Mitch, that's fine I didn't feel like getting food poisoning anyways!;)

Jane Anne said...

I loved reading your lists. Here are a few of my thoughts:
2. That is really scary—thinking about you being in race! (Maybe the only thing scarier is if Janeen was the alternate driver. Does she read this?! hee, hee)
15. You better plan some trips to Oregon, gal!
17. Sort of sad to admit this but I don’t know what a Churro is.
19. “that’s legal”?? I am kind of curious about the illegal decadent thing(s) on your mind… but I am not sure I want to know!!

Kimberly said...

chur·ro Spelled Pronunciation[choor-oh; Sp. choor-raw]
–noun, plural chur·ros
Mexican Cookery.
a long, slender, deep-fried pastry resembling a cruller.

Anonymous said...

"geek" you said it not me.
Food poisoning huh.....NO SOUP FOR YOU!