Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I want to be a part of it . . .

I'm so excited that I'm almost bursting! I'm going on an adventure, I'm going on a trip!
Yeah, that's right. My dear, amazing husband has graciously agreed to send me to New York with my Mom and two sisters for 10 whole days!! We've the confirmation emails to prove it! We will be spending Thanksgiving Day watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade from the street! And we are hoping to be able to see the lighting of the Christmas tree in Rockefeller Center! We are planning on staying a couple of days in Washington DC as well. This will be a "Tanner" first. Us four girls have never taken a trip together by ourselves! This is particularly exciting and nerve racking for me because 1) I've never been east of Colorado and 2) I get very air sick flying (as opposed to air sick while driving or being on a boat). Watch for updates on how the planning is coming. Of course, I'm sure I'll have a ton of pictures to post from our trip also. If you have any great spots or things we should visit and see please pass the info along.
FYI - I have never been on a plane that was not flying into or out of California. Interesting, no?

6 comments:

Melissa Guay said...

Wow, how exciting - what a sweet hubby!! That sounds like a great trip. I've never been that far east either, but am headed to Boston in early November. HAve a great time!!!!!

Jane Anne said...

I am SO excited for you...and a bit jealous. I grew up watching that parade at my grandma's house and I have ALWAYS wanted to go! I hope to do that one day. How Fabulous!!!

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. You girls are going to have so much fun. I have a few tips for you. 1. The taxi will not take all the luggage and only one person, To the train station. 2. Don't try to take your luggage on the subway during rush hour. It is doable, just not fun. If you guys can make it to Washington D.C. You will enjoy it. The train ride from New York too Washington D.C. was really neat.
Try to get to a broadway show if you can it is a great experince. Have a ball I can't wait too see pictures.

Anonymous said...

Party at Keith's?

Kimberly said...

Yes, I plan to ... party at Keith's expense!!!! Ha, ha, ha!!! LOL - and that is for lots of love!

Anonymous said...

HEY! I am saving us about $70 a piece in regards to the whole New York Pass deal. Glad for that! AND we are going to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge - FYI ;o)